Hailstorm alerts!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Finally.... a long overdue update.


Hi all,

Sorry for the seeming empty promises to upload the photos of my tour of Trondheim and western Norway with my mum (31/07/06- 10/08/06) in my blog. (To those who thinking I'm still MIA- FYI, I'm on SEP in Norway and will only be back in Jan 07!), In any case, I have uploaded the full set of photos on webshots-
http://community.webshots.com/user/sanchoo & http://community.webshots.com/user/icemanjq

The above links can also be found on the "Ice Bridges" section of my blog.

I'll give a brief overview of my first 2 weeks or so in Norway, with selection of a few photos. Okay, so I'll start with Day 1:

Day 1- Amsterdam Schnipol Airport to Norway, Trondheim Moholt Student Village

We arrived at Amsterdam Schnipol airport at about 5.30am (Eastern Europe Time, GMT +1) and checked out the Rijelsk Museum at Schinpol Airport. Quite a few wonderful paintings over there I muz say. I love the picture of the bread and fruit spread.



Made me hungry and my mum and I grabbed our breakfast (nutty apple pie and coffee) at the cafe in front of the museum. After which, we went through passport control for the Schnegen area (meaning the scandanavian countries) in the airport. Kinda weird to have passport control between different gates.

Feeling bored throughout the wait, we went to the communication centre to use the internet. Cost like 3 euros to use the internet for 15 minutes. Dat's like 6 sing dollars. Freaking expensive. Haha... Den we sat around and wait for our next flight to Trondheim at 11.20am (It was delayed till 11.55am). Super sianz.... Fortunately for us, our flight arrived in Trondheim on time at 1.30pm. My mum immediately went to the ticket office for KLM to confirm her return flight and by the time we boarded the airport shuttle bus, it was already 2.30pm. Saw lots of nice scenery on the airport shuttle and felt that I've kinda entered Andersen's fairytale land. Haha... See this pic for Urself.


We alighted from the airport shuttle bus at the city centre and took a cab to the Moholt Student Village Reception to find out which student village I'm gonna stay at. Haha... The housing office was closed at 3pm and we arrived at 3.20pm. Damn sianz... Heng they had resident assts who can collect the key from the office. We waited for another half an hour for him to arrive. Finally, he passed me the keys to my apartment in Moholt Student Village. I'm so glad that it's not Steinan or anything, can't imagine taking another cab again... so by the time my mum and I shifted my luggage here, it was already like 5pm. Haha... Turns out that I'm sharing an apartment with 4 other students. Only one of the rooms is occupied by a Norweigian who happens to be on vacation. Haha... My mum showed me how to cook a simple dinner and we called it a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home